BrakeBuddy 39499 Digital Classic Towed Vehicle Braking System
- List Price:
- Sale Price: $1,008.00
- Amount Saved: $141.00
- Availability: Usually ships in 24 hours
- The original brake-in-the-box system is the industry standard for dependability
- Reduces overall stopping distance by 50 per cent in a panic stop
- Full braking technology removes the entire weight of the towed vehicle when stopping
- Fully adjustable system can be installed and road-ready in just minutes, with no connection to the RV
- Industry's best three year warranty
The brakes on your motorhome were designed to stop the coach and its contents, but not the added weight of a towed vehicle. This is why states and provinces in North America have passed laws requiring auxiliary brakes for towed vehicles. The added weight of the towed vehicle will significantly lengthen your stopping distance, which increases the chance of an accident. This extra weight can also cause your motorhome's brakes to overheat, causing brake failure.
BrakeBuddy, including the BrakeBuddy Vantage and Classic series, provides the right braking force when you need it using advanced terrain sensing technology, without any built-in delays, helping prevent accidents by reducing overall stopping distance by 50% in a panic stop. Prevent excessive wear on your motorhome brakes, while keeping safe and legal wherever you travel. Best of all, it installs easily in minutes.
Advanced Terrain Sensing Capabilities
BrakeBuddy’s technology provides the right braking force when you need it, along with advanced terrain sensing capabilities. When the motorhome brakes are applied, the BrakeBuddy senses vehicle deceleration and applies the brakes of the dinghy, taking the entire weight of the dinghy vehicle off of the motorhome.
The BrakeBuddy Breakaway System protects your investment and others on the roadway. In the event your towed vehicle separates from the motorhome, the breakaway system will apply the brakes of the towed vehicle, bringing it to a controlled stop. This prevents potential harm to others on the roadway as well as damage to your investment. Most states and provinces require a breakaway system when towing a vehicle.
BrakeBuddy reduces your overall stopping distance and enhances your safety with smooth, controlled stops. These systems meet and exceed all towing laws, but the real value comes from the safety it gives you.
Set Up Easy as 1,2,3
BrakeBuddy units are specially designed for easy installation (initial install time is 15-30 minutes). The set up is even easier, taking only a few additional minutes.
- Step 1: Set the BrakeBuddy on the driver's side floor in front of the seat and attach the clevis to the brake pedal.
- Step 2: Adjust the driver's seat forward to touch the BrakeBuddy's adjustable handle.
- Step 3: Plug in the 12-Volt power and breakaway cord. Verify the program settings and then you're safe with your mind at ease so you can focus on having fun.
Choose the BrakeBuddy That's Right for You
- Product Dimensions: 16.3 pounds
- Shipping Weight: 16.3 pounds
- ASIN: B005G7Y2XS
- Item model number: 39499