Concern 97181 Weed Prevention Plus for Gardens, 5-Pound Shaker Bag
- List Price:
- Sale Price: $7.59
- Amount Saved: $9.62
- Availability: Usually ships in 3-4 business days
- Nature's pre-emergent weed control and fertilizer
- For use in flower gardens, vegetable gardens and in landscaping areas around trees, shrubs and ornamentals
- Ideal for use under bird feeders
- Contains 100-percent corn gluten meal
- Corn gluten meal pellets prevent weeds from sprouting and robbing your plants of valuable nutrients
- Easy-to-use re-sealable 5-pound bag
- For use in flower gardens, vegetable gardens and in landscaped areas around trees, shrubs and ornamentals
- No fear of burning your plants
- Up to 90 percent effective weed control in the first year on dandelions and crabgrass
Stop weeds, crabgrass, and dandelions before they start with Concern Weed Prevention Plus for Gardens harnesses the power of corn gluten meal--a natural germination inhibitor--to create a powerful weed prevention fertilizer. For use in flower gardens, vegetable gardens, and in landscaped areas around trees, shrubs and ornamentals, Weed Prevention Plus will not burn. And children and pets can safely play on the lawn immediately after application.
It kills only the root of sprouting seeds, and it can be used with confidence around established plants--including transplants, flower beds, shrubs and roses. When your flower or vegetable sprouts have true leaves, it is safe to apply Weed Prevention Plus even up until the day of harvest.
Concern Weed Prevention Plus is powered by corn gluten meal, which contains naturally occurring substances that inhibit the growth of the seed's tiny feeder roots. This causes the weed seedlings to die before their roots ever have a chance to become established. It's most effective when applied at a minimum of twice a year, in early spring and in the fall, to control germinating annual weeds. Unlike the leading competition’s synthetic products that can linger in your lawn for up to a year, allowing your children and pets to remain exposed to toxic chemicals, Concern Weed Prevention Plus is an all natural nutrient source that not only prevents weeds, but fertilizes your lawn by breaking down into the soil. The product performs best when an extended drying period follows the initial watering after application.
- Up to 90 percent effective weed control in the first year on dandelions and crabgrass.
- Effective on dandelions, barnyard grass, smooth crabgrass, curly dock, green foxtail, black nightshade, orchardgrass, shattercane, purslane, wooly cupgrass, giant foxtail, lambs quarter, buckhorn, quackgrass, velvetleaf, annual bluegrass, dandelions, creeping bentgrass, black medic, redroot pigweed, catchweed bedstraw, clover, and other common garden weeds.
- For use on lawns, flower beds and gardens.
- Children and pets can play on the lawn immediately after application.
- Will not burn your lawn, unlike other synthetic products.
- Will not harm beneficial insects, soil organisms, pond, or stream life. There is no waiting, no warnings, and no worries.
- Can be used with confidence around established plants, including transplants, flowerbeds, shrubs, and roses.
- Homogenous pellet for uniform nutrient and herbicide distribution
- 5.4 pound easy-to-use resealable bag
Corn GlutenIn 1986, an award-winning scientist at Iowa State University Research Foundation made an amazing discovery. He found that corn gluten meal, an animal feed by-product of the manufacture of corn starch, had the ability to inhibit the germination of grass and weed seeds in test plots. Through further research, he found that corn gluten meal contains naturally occurring substances that inhibit the growth of the seed's tiny feeder roots. This causes the weed seedlings to die before they ever have a chance to take hold.
Apply corn gluten in the early spring to your flower bed, vegetable garden or lawn, and you'll be greatly reduce the number of weeds you have to spray with herbicidal soap or pull throughout the growing season.
If you love feeding the birds, but hate the mess and all the weed and grass that grows from the seeds all over the ground, sprinkle an ample amount of corn gluten into the ground below the feeder to stop those seeds from germinating.
Directions for Use
Spread Concern Weed Prevention Plus evenly over lawn grass by hand or in a spreader. Avoid any bare spots where you are re-seeding. Sprinkle in cracks on sidewalks and driveways. Weed Prevention Plus works best if applied, watered in, and allowed to dry for a period of 2 to 3 days. If excessive rain occurs, reapplication may be necessary.
Apply 15 pounds per 1000 square feet to turf or garden soil. If you choose you can use twice the recommended rate for even better control with no fear of burning plants.
When to Apply
Your first lawn application should be in the early spring, 3 to 5 weeks before weeds begin to sprout. This is about the time the crocus and daffodils are blooming in your area. Re-apply in late summer/early fall when temperatures turn cooler to control late season weeds and help prevent spring weeds. Apply to gardens at any time.
Using Resealable Bag
Cut above resealable seal and pull apart to open. One 25lb bag can treat up to 1500 sq. ft. Reseal for storage.
OMRI Listed (Organic Materials Review Institute) and USDA’s National Organic Program (Compliant for Organic Gardening) products must undergo a rigorous review to ensure that they comply with USDA organic standards. Look for the OMRI Listed and For Organic Gardening seals and shop confidently.
- Product Dimensions: 1.82 x 18.66 x 9.84 inches; 5 pounds
- Shipping Weight: 5 pounds
- ASIN: B003MNFOLC
- Item model number: 97181