Zareba ESP10M-Z 10-Mile Solar Low Impedance Fence Charger
- List Price:
- Sale Price: $175.71
- Amount Saved: $44.28
- Availability: Usually ships in 3-4 business days
- 10-mile range
- 6-volt, 12-amp battery, 0.15-joule output
- Reliable solar power operates up to two weeks without sunlight
- Fast installation on T-posts, round wood posts, Y-posts, buildings and flat surfaces with uniques, integrated mount
- At-a-glance indicator light flashes when energy is on the fence
The Zareba 10 Mile Solar Fence Charger is used to control livestock and small animals; such as pets and nuisance animals.
The Zareba 10 Mile Solar Fence Charger powers up to 10 miles of fence and can be used with the following fence types: steel/aluminum, poly wire/poly rope and poly tape. Made in the USA, the solar panel features compartmental damage-resistant construction.
Low impedance technology allows for less battery drain and intuitive technology resists shorts when the fence is in contact with weeds.
Comes with a 1-yr limited warranty that includes damage caused by lightning.
At A Glance:
Fence Charger Expert Tips:
The fence charger is the heart of your electric fence system. Consider the following factors to ensure you buy the right fence charger to meet your needs:
Zareba 2 Mile Solar Charger
Zareba 3 Mile Solar Charger
Zareba 5 Mile Solar Charger
Zareba 10 Mile Solar Charger
Zareba 30 Mile Solar Charger
|Voltage Minimum Requirements|
|Animal||Minimum recommended voltage on fence line*||Fence Recommendations||Animal||Minimum recommended voltage on fence line*||Fence Recommendations|
|Deer/Exotics ||4000 - 5000+ volts||6'+ tall to keep out deer, high visibility, minimum 7 strands||Horses ||2000 - 3000 volts||White 2" poly tape or high tensile wire recommended, 3-5 strands|
|Sheep/Goats ||4000 - 5000+ volts||Difficult to confine, 4-6 strands||Pigs ||2000+ volts||To deter from rooting, use 3-4 wires starting 6" from ground|
|Predators ||4000 - 5000+ volts||Wires spaced 6-8" apart, high output shock value||Nuisance pests ||1000 - 2000 volts||Smaller animals require closer wire spacing|
|Bulls/Bison ||3000 - 4000+ volts||Extra shock needed to control a determined bull, 4 strands minimum||Pets ||700 - 1000 volts||3-4 wires, starting 6" from ground|
|Cows ||2000 - 3000 volts||If docile with plenty of pasture, 1-3 strands||Poultry ||500 - 900 volts||Anti-Roost device on commercial poultry feeding systems|
|*Zareba Systems voltage testers can help you determine if you have adequate voltage on your fence line.|
Testing Your Fence
To ensure your fence is operating properly, and your animals are contained safely, it is important to test your fence regularly. Using a Zareba Systems Electric Fence Tester you can measure fence line and fence charger voltage.
Lightning And Power Surge Protection
Lightning is often the cause of fence charger failure. To prolong the life of your charger consider the following:
- Disconnect the charger from the power source when storms are near
- Install a lightning diverter/arrestor to divert lightning to the earth
- Use a lightning choke to dissipate power surges caused by lightning
- Product Dimensions: 11.5 x 8 x 11.25 inches; 4.11 pounds
- Shipping Weight: 4.11 pounds
- ASIN: B0079GH6J6
- Item model number: ESP10M-Z